How it all works (NOT)
You are so faded, that goes to Yannie and Hugh.
Seriously, this web was not built right. Yes they have introduced amazing backend technology, and with Flash you get these outstanding animations, amazing scripting power, streaming audio, streaming video, but when it comes to the backbone of the web, where it all lives, the basic page, the thought and process in which your guest tansverses through your site in search of information it all get mucked up. When building most of these sites there was no centeral idea of what needed to be built. Things were never broken down into components, building blocks that work well as you expand them. They just hack the code and push it together and make it good for now, until they can pull some of the resources from marketing into the actual stability of the product we are all screwed.
Even standards fail us. Yes it is the best way to go, but it in and of itself has a long way to go. Even the webstandards are debatable. Look. We need to make all this shit the same, all get on the same page. That is what I want to do. I want to get everyone on the same page and going forward we can make this happen. Lets do it. I am not saying adopt my standard, what I am saying is help me find one and then we can adopt that.
I have strung 100's of sites together through a single point of detection, across domains and brands the code works for 99% of what we need it to do. I did this in less than two years, mind you I had other things that needed to get done. Like wiring in the 1,000's of sites with a single bit of code that interfaces with our tracking script so we can filter out what we need from it. I have exploited this script to pull me specific information about the browsers and plugins required to make the web work. I can tell you the % of people that are on Flash 7 than Macromedia can. I can tell you the percentage of people using Flash 6.49 versus seven for non-active x browsers. I can let you know the top 100 user agent strings for Mac operating systems. I have created a network of scripts and mark up that transverses through the most diverse site on the web. So the question is do I know what I am talking about? Yes I do. Now lets see if there is anything that I can do about it.
Seriously, this web was not built right. Yes they have introduced amazing backend technology, and with Flash you get these outstanding animations, amazing scripting power, streaming audio, streaming video, but when it comes to the backbone of the web, where it all lives, the basic page, the thought and process in which your guest tansverses through your site in search of information it all get mucked up. When building most of these sites there was no centeral idea of what needed to be built. Things were never broken down into components, building blocks that work well as you expand them. They just hack the code and push it together and make it good for now, until they can pull some of the resources from marketing into the actual stability of the product we are all screwed.
Even standards fail us. Yes it is the best way to go, but it in and of itself has a long way to go. Even the webstandards are debatable. Look. We need to make all this shit the same, all get on the same page. That is what I want to do. I want to get everyone on the same page and going forward we can make this happen. Lets do it. I am not saying adopt my standard, what I am saying is help me find one and then we can adopt that.
I have strung 100's of sites together through a single point of detection, across domains and brands the code works for 99% of what we need it to do. I did this in less than two years, mind you I had other things that needed to get done. Like wiring in the 1,000's of sites with a single bit of code that interfaces with our tracking script so we can filter out what we need from it. I have exploited this script to pull me specific information about the browsers and plugins required to make the web work. I can tell you the % of people that are on Flash 7 than Macromedia can. I can tell you the percentage of people using Flash 6.49 versus seven for non-active x browsers. I can let you know the top 100 user agent strings for Mac operating systems. I have created a network of scripts and mark up that transverses through the most diverse site on the web. So the question is do I know what I am talking about? Yes I do. Now lets see if there is anything that I can do about it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home